Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Orangey Oats Waffles

The waffle maker is a heaven-sent gift.

Today was a productive Tuesday..
finished catching up with Grey's Anatomy & got some homework done..
after the end of those, I felt like I needed some kitchen therapy. 

so I paced in & out of the kitchen with to-bake thoughts floating in my head..

then I noticed my L'equip toy sitting on the kitchen counter,
& I decided to whip up a quick batch of waffles!

so here is an orangey oatsy twist adapted from my Earl Grey Waffles:




Makes 2 1/2 waffle (each waffle has 4 pieces)

Ingredients
- Egg, 1, seperated
- Sugar, 2 tablespoons
- Milk, low-fat, 1 cup
- Orange juice, 1/4 cup (~1 medium orange)
- Orange zest, 1 teaspoon
- Flour, self-raising, 1 cup
- Oats, instant, 1/4 cup
- Salt, a pinch
- Butter, 55g, melted

Methods
1. Beat egg whites to medium-stiff peaks with a whisk , add in 1 tablespoon of sugar and whisk till stiff.
2. Beat the egg yolks with remaining sugar till creamy.
3. Beat in the milk & orange juice to the creamy egg yolk.
4. Sift in the dry ingredients (flour, oats, salt), mixing well.
5. Stir in the melted butter.
6. Fold in the stiff egg white.
7. Preheat waffle maker to the highest temperature setting.
8. Once ready, pour in 1 cup of batter and cook:

Soft Waffle: 2-3 minutes
Crispy Waffle: 4-5 minutes
Extra Crispy Waffle: 7-8 minutes

9. Use a tong to remove the cooked waffle and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
10. Enjoy it warm or freeze for up to 2 months

Yummy !



The Verdict


No comments:

Post a Comment